FORUMS: list search recent posts

We want a New MacPro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wiseman
We want a New MacPro
on May 26, 2012 at 12:56:16 am

There are apparently a lot of us using Final Cut Pro and other software who want to stay on MacPro's and not move to Windows (I for one never will). I encourage everyone who is happiest on a Mac to Like this new FB page We Want a New MacPro http://www.facebook.com/MacProsPlease closing in on 10,000 Likes in two days!

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: We want a New MacPro
on May 26, 2012 at 1:53:37 am

That's pointless. It ain't gonna happen. 10,000...even triple that...isn't worth Apples time and effort. The Mac Pro is really only needed by video/audio professionals. No longer do print work people need one. iMacs pack all the punch they need.

Audio/Video pros are the least of Apples concern anymore. Note the death of the Xserve, Xserve Raid, Shake, a majority of the Final Cut Studio apps, FCP replaced with FCX. The Mac Pro is barely a dot on their radar.

It'll be discontinued by the end of the year.

Am I happy? No, I hate Windows. I just know that the MacPro is done. No updates coming. Facebook page won't change that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on May 26, 2012 at 3:00:52 am

Yeah...Apple make Iphones, iPads and runs iTunes....thats it.

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 26, 2012 at 4:52:19 am

Doesn't mean we have to take it lying down. Apple management needs to know how much this means to an awful lot of very loyal customers who need to know one way or the other. There are rumors that one may be released third quarter as well. The Mac Pro is important not only in media production. It is very important in science: geology, genetics, etc. Very, very large data sets. And I am not just a fanboy. I was the exclusive Avid dealer in Hawaii in the '90's, also Media 100, Play Trinity (ask Karl Soule, he was there), Macromedia, Adobe, etc. It will be a sad day if the Mac Pro is EOL'ed and I won't likely forgive Tim Cook or whoever made the decision, but I am clinging to the hope that they have decided to support the people who got them through the bad times. At least I have a 2010. I'll just stop upgrading my software when it no longer works on new versions, cause I'm sure it will run 10 years or longer as all the other Macs I have owned have done.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on May 26, 2012 at 5:30:22 am

Apple is chasing the $...thats all. There's no money to be made in a SINGLE NLE and its support hardware.

Not sure if you received the memo but FCP Studio is a thing of the past....it wont be used at all....very soon in fact :) sucks but thats the ropes

Return to posts index

Roli Rivelino
on May 26, 2012 at 2:39:10 pm

Why show loyalty to a company who ultimately, couldn't give a toss about professional users any more. Just get over it, get a PC and Adobe or Avid and move on.

Once you get over the anger at how much money you've personally put in to making Apple the largest company in the world, it really isn't that bad; trust me, I know :-).

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index