FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to sync & organize separate Audio/Video clips in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Herz
Best way to sync & organize separate Audio/Video clips in FCP 7
on May 21, 2012 at 9:28:23 pm

I have recently completed shooting on a project shot with Canon 5d and 7d cameras. It is an interview heavy project. We shot interviews with 2 cameras and recorded audio separately on a digital recorder. Video and audio look and sound great.
We started all interviews with a clap in front of the face on interview subject in order to sync audio/video...no problems syncing when I place all clips on timeline and use wave form to find clap and sync. I am looking for advice on how to organize my material. I am used to editing clips where audio /video are linked and synced. So...question is...once I sync audio/video in my DSLR project timeline, is there a way to link the audio/video and make it a clip that I can then place back in my browser so I can better organize my material?

Dan Herz
danherzproductions.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Best way to sync & organize separate Audio/Video clips in FCP 7
on May 21, 2012 at 9:52:42 pm

You can make new clips with video and the second system audio...it's called MERGE CLIPS:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

andrea victoria calderon
Re: Best way to sync & organize separate Audio/Video clips in FCP 7
on Oct 8, 2016 at 4:20:08 am

Shane!

Would you recommend any video tutorial for learning how to properly sync audio (Zoom H6, at 48khz) that was recorded separate from video (h264, 23.97 fps; trans-coded to ProRes LT) I've read other posts in the forum that recommend using Wave Agent, but I'm still unsure as to how it actually works. Haven't gotten the workaround from the reading.

Also, should I use the WAV file or convert to AIFF. I know there is an issue with FCP adding a frame rate to the WAV files, thus causing lagging/speed change problems with the sync.

As always, thanks for your time ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]