FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beach Balls, Encoding Issues, Re-install problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Hoge
Beach Balls, Encoding Issues, Re-install problems
on May 21, 2012 at 3:21:26 pm

Hi,
I was having hang-ups in FCP 7 while editing. I'd see the spinning beachball for about 60 seconds. The lag would happen periodically while editing. After searching online, discovered a Compressor/Qmaster issue that would cause this. Fixed the problem by uninstalling Compressor/Qmaster and re-installing those packages from the FCS install discs.

Then, went into DVD Studio Pro to author. Authoring went fine, but when I went to Build/Format, the encode process stayed at 0%. No error message, but nothing happening. I tried to do background encoding, but the status bar never changed. I opened Activity Monitor. 2 processes "DSPX_EncoderServer" and "DSPX_AEncoderServer" NOT RESPONDING.

I then searched online for a solution, which led me to believe it was tied in with the Compressor issue I was having earlier. I used FCS Remover to un-install Compressor, Qmaster, and DVD Studio Pro. I re-installed from disc, just those packages (removing the Installation Check folder as described online).

After re-install, I still have the same problem. It will not encode the files. I have not gone back and tried to use Compressor to do the encoding at this point. I have it authored with the .mov file and was hoping to encode on the build. My next step is going to go back to FCP, and export using Compressor and re-author, but it's a large project and I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. My gut tells me that it's not going to encode that way either, but I'm going to try.

Anybody have any suggestions or know what is going on?

Thanks
~ jen

Return to posts index

Jennifer Hoge
Re: Beach Balls, Encoding Issues, Re-install problems
on May 21, 2012 at 4:34:31 pm

I have it encoding right now and it looks like it's working.

The solution had to do with HP (Hewlett Packard) Software. When I installed my HP Printer Software, it comes with a ton of stuff. One of them is a software that is called HP Customer Research Survey. I noticed in Activity Monitor that when DVDStudio PRo launched, it would go unresponsive. I did some research and realized that this really was the problem. It works in the background collecting information and sends it to HP. I uninstalled the Research Survey and once I did, the encoding process started in DVD Studio Pro.

To uninstall, go to Hewlett Packard Folder. Launch the Research Survey Application. When you do, there is a pop-up that gives you the option to opt out and uninstall.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Beach Balls, Encoding Issues, Re-install problems
on May 21, 2012 at 6:50:10 pm

Maybe you should have left it installed 5 minutes longer to give HP some valuable feedback on their wonderful software products.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]