FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 startup

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Lancit
FCP7 startup
on May 19, 2012 at 3:20:58 pm

After using FCP7 as part of Final Cut Studio for over a year, suddenly FCP7 would not start. It would get through about 15 sec. of startup and then simply quit. No error message, nothing. I uninstalled the entire Final Cut Studio and re-installed the whole thing again. Still same problem. All other features and applications in FC Studio seem to open and work fine. What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 startup
on May 19, 2012 at 10:13:15 pm

Try trashing preferences. They aren't uninstalled when you uninstall the app. By the way, how did you uninstall the apps? Also repair permissions with the Disk Utility.

Did you do anything to the system, update/install wise, from the time it worked to the time it didn't?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Larry Lancit
on May 19, 2012 at 11:08:08 pm

The only thing I added to my apps was something called MacKeeper which was supposed to speed up the system which was working slower and slower. I deleted it when I saw that it was not free. BTW am using Mac OSXLion7.3
I uninstalled the FCStudio with something called FCS Remover. it was touted as removing everything including the preferences. Did not update it other than ordinary Apple updates that I automatically get for OS7.3 I will try it again and manually remove the preferences. Where do I find Preferences

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 19, 2012 at 11:37:06 pm

I've heard lots of people have issues with MacKeeper causing FCP to no longer work. Bad bad bad.

Get the Preference Manager. Same place you got FCS Remover. Also free.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]