FORUMS: list search recent posts

High quality WMV Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria-Luisa Meredith
High quality WMV Export
on May 18, 2012 at 9:38:55 pm

Hi

I have a project which I need to output as WMV for use in Powerpoint presentations (large screen playback etc).

I've tried various settings exporting from FCP with varying results. My original sequence settings are: Frame Size = 1024x576 / Pixel Ratio = Square / Field Dominance = None / Compressor = Apple Pro Res 422 / Quality = 100%

At an earlier stage (it's been a very long day) I managed to export a WMV of a 5 minute sequence with subtitles. When I open this WMV in Quicktime player the properties are as follows:

Format: H264, 1024x576, Millions, Linear PCM, 16 Bit Little Endian signed integer, 2 channels, 48000 Hz
FPS: 25
Data Size: 283.2 MB
Data Rate: 6,764.61 kbit/s

But whatever settings I've tried since I can't seem to replicate this file, which looks great!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

M

Macbook Pro / OSX 10.6.4 / 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

FCP Studio 7.0.2

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: High quality WMV Export
on May 18, 2012 at 9:53:43 pm

Do you want a WMV or a h.264 video? If you want a WMV you'll need Flip4Mac on your computer so Compressor can have the codecs associated with a WMV:
http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm

If you want a h.264 video it can come out as a mov, mp4, or m4v file (depending on what you specify). You can do these through FCP or Compressor.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Maria-Luisa Meredith
on May 19, 2012 at 7:11:31 am

I should have mentioned in the original post that I already have Flip4Mac (HD Pro) and Compressor on my machine. WMV attemps with Compressor haven't been great in the past. I also have Mpeg Streamclip.

My client wants to use the final WMV files in Powerpoint Presentations so I'm looking for an ideal setting to export files that aren't too big to play off most laptops but that will look good when scaled up to a projector screen.

Thanks again.

M

FCP Studio 7.0.2

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 20, 2012 at 10:48:28 am

If you want to do it with Compressor (through the WM component installed by Flip4Mac), in the Inspector > "File Format" you must select WMV instead of QT Movie.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Maria-Luisa Meredith
on May 21, 2012 at 7:02:35 am

Hi and thanks for the replies.

I accidentally got 'info' for a QT clip I had not a WMV, hence the confusion, apologies.

At the moment the best WMV I've managed to create (using Mpeg Streamclip) is as follows:

Duration: 15 mins
File Size:469 MB
Codec: Windows Media 9 Standard
Size: 1024x576
FPS: 25
Data Size: 18.6MB
Data Rate: 163.47 Kbit/s

FCP Studio 7.0.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved