FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidental H.246 native edit - project done - export .mov freezes near end

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Brogan
Accidental H.246 native edit - project done - export .mov freezes near end
on May 18, 2012 at 7:07:24 am

Im not sure if my last one got posted on this thread but ill repeat:
I did the same thing i was stupid and totallyforgot to convert to prores. I shot with a 7d and imported the footage into fcp. I edited the entire project and exported it using just the current sequence settings which typically fcp auto sets based on the video you bring in. After the export i watched my .mov file in QT and the video plays fine until near the end it will freeze on a video frame but the audio plays thriugh. Its somewhat weird because my video goes black like it should bc i edited it like that then it is supposed to come back up to a clip and the. After 3 seconds i have the clip freeze also on purpose i was doing credits. Problem is that the first part of the vid doesnt play it just is black then hits the freeze frame and goes black again. Its nothin with the clips on my timeline. Thise are set up fine. But i wanted to be thorough and im sure thats confusing. But to simplify the exported .mov file will skip and freeze near the end the rest of the vid plays fine. I need to fix this somehow and then load it to youtube. Does anyone know what i can do or what the problem is. Im thinking it has skmething to do with the fact that my dumb ass forgot to convert to prores but maybe its something else. I need help asap if anyone can!! Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Accidental H.246 native edit - project done - export .mov freezes near end
on May 18, 2012 at 10:59:10 am

Did you try watching your final file in VLC?
Perhaps it does contain all the info, just QT player does not like it... In that case, youtube probably will eat it. (It converts anyways)
So, just upload it (and set it private to test first.)
If that fails,
How about exporting to another codec than 'same as source'?
Recompress to a managable size before uploading if needed.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
on May 20, 2012 at 10:27:18 am

Ingest footage thru L&T utility (watch out for reel and clip names), relink media on your timeline to Prores files, change sequence settings to prores compressor. Check the edits for minor alterations. Now you're ready to export.

Production and Postproduction in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 20, 2012 at 10:51:12 am

Change the sequence codec to prores and "Render in YUV".
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]