FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I hit Shift-11 to fit to fill, all the windows open on the computer slowly move to the side, leaving the desktop bare. Why?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
When I hit Shift-11 to fit to fill, all the windows open on the computer slowly move to the side, leaving the desktop bare. Why?
on May 17, 2012 at 11:24:48 pm

Ive just discovered fit to fill and since im using a lot of slugs, this seems great. Unfortunately, Shift-11 isnt working. When I hit Shift-11 to fit to fill, all the windows open on the computer slowly move to the side, leaving the desktop bare. Im sure there is a simple preference to change, but I dont know what it is. What can i do to fix this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: When I hit Shift-11 to fit to fill, all the windows open on the computer slowly move to the side, leaving the desktop bare. Why?
on May 18, 2012 at 12:32:56 am

I'm guessing you're on a Mac, since what you're describing sounds like Exposé behavior (the Shift key makes it go in slo-mo). Go into your System Preferences, select Keyboard & Mouse, and under the Keyboard tab, make sure the checkbox that reads "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" is selected. Then click Show All to return to System Preferences, go into Exposé and Spaces, and set Show Desktop to something other than F11. That should do the trick.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: When I hit Shift-11 to fit to fill, all the windows open on the computer slowly move to the side, leaving the desktop bare. Why?
on May 18, 2012 at 4:15:27 am

Of course he's on a Mac. Check your forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]