FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tired of Magic Mouse!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Bugera
Tired of Magic Mouse!
on May 17, 2012 at 7:10:13 pm

Looked through old posts but couldn't find this topic, so thought I'd bring it to the pasture.

In short, I've had all I can take of Apple's Magic Mouse. Been using it on my MBP 17" with FCP 7 for over a year now. At first it was great, but too many accidental scrolls after picking exact timeline positions has got me ready to throw it onto the freeway.

Preference settings only take me so far with it. I like being able to scroll horizontally on the timeline, so I don't want to lose that feature. I also don't want to have to relearn how to use a mouse just because Apple says I have to.

What else is the herd using besides this sensitive little soul? I've looked at the Microsoft Explorer Touch. Would prefer a similar scrolling-type mouse that doesn't have a wheel. I also travel with it.

Thanks, Mike.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Tired of Magic Mouse!
on May 17, 2012 at 7:38:00 pm

I use the Mighty Mouse...the one with the scroll wheel. Allows me to whip back and forth on my timelines in Avid, FCP and Adobe.

The Magic Mouse can go take a flying leap...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
on May 17, 2012 at 8:13:52 pm

I use this mouse: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/devices/wireless-mouse-m51...

I'm not sure why anyone would use an Apple mouse. They've always been garbage, at least in my experience.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

Mike Bugera
on May 17, 2012 at 8:21:41 pm

Agreed! I used the Mighty Mouse at my last job and it's the best mouse I've used. Totally forgot about that one. And they make a wireless version!

Problem solved. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steven Topham
on May 18, 2012 at 12:02:30 am

Completely agreed. I haven't had to hotkey undo so much until I got one.
And playing Diablo3 with it is impossible!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 18, 2012 at 12:14:19 am

I'll take a Wacom please. If I have to use a mouse I like the 5-button logitech or MS mice. Not a huge fan of any of Apple's mice.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on May 18, 2012 at 10:27:19 am

First time I touched the Magic Mouse (at the Apple Store) I instantly knew it wasn't for me. On the other hand I've been happily using the same Mighty Mouse on my main system since 2008. I have had to take it apart to clean the scroll wheel sensors once (right after I got home from trying the Magic Mouse).

Also, I really like having the Magic Trackpad available at my left hand as a supplement to the mouse (in my right). Mostly for gestures like pinch to zoom, multi-finger swipes etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]