FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crashing during log and transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Topham
Crashing during log and transfer
on May 17, 2012 at 6:10:18 pm

I've been a tape man all my life until recently.
I was doing a log and transfer for the first time. On a brand new Mac Pro running 10.7 with a 6 core processor and 8 gb of RAM with FCP 7. I made sure that time machine wasn't running and there wasn't anything more than iTunes running in the background.
Log and transfer crashed FCP twice, specifically right after adding a clip to the queue. This isn't a huge issue. I got the work done, but I'm wondering if this is a common thing, or if there is something I can do to prevent it?
Cheers.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Crashing during log and transfer
on May 17, 2012 at 6:26:39 pm

What format are you attempting to Log and Transfer? Did you follow all the proper steps and procedures? Like I lay out in my tutorial:

Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steven Topham
Re: Crashing during log and transfer
on May 17, 2012 at 11:58:55 pm

AVCHD.
Prior to diving in, I had found a very informational PDF created by the camera manufacturer that walked through the whole process. I'll watch your video in entirety later tonight, but I think all of my compressors and presets were proper.

I take it then, that crashes are not normal.
In my explorations, I may have done something to the original files (deleted some test shots from the file) before trying to log and transfer that FCP didn't like and caused it some confusion (because those deleted files still appeared in the L&T window when the folder was imported).
Thanks for your reply and the video link!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]