FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Multiple Clips for Internet Viewing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ted hyland
Export Multiple Clips for Internet Viewing
on May 16, 2012 at 2:44:51 pm

Alright, my problem is more complex than what I said in the subject. Let's say I have an 80 minute program of a seminar wherein the subject changes so that I will have 15 chapter markers. OK, for the DVD this is fine, but I need 15 separate clips for internet viewing also. Question One: What's the best delivery for internet? Question Two: Is there an easy way to make these 15 separate files without doing them one at a time because I really have 330 minutes and 75 clips in one session window.

Thank you.
-Ted

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: Export Multiple Clips for Internet Viewing
on May 16, 2012 at 3:30:10 pm

[ted hyland] "Question One: What's the best delivery for internet?"

Do you mean for Youtube? I have no problems with best quality H.264 .mov files.

[ted hyland] "Question Two: Is there an easy way to make these 15 separate files without doing them one at a time"

Yes. Export your master...your 80-minute timeline. Bring that Master into Compressor. And 15 Jobs to you video and mark in and out points in Compressor's Viewer window.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

ted hyland
on May 16, 2012 at 5:56:16 pm

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Return to posts index

ted hyland
on May 16, 2012 at 9:07:12 pm

Alright, I looked at Compressor and then realized, I don't really understand what you told me. Can you explain that with more blow by blow detail. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
on May 16, 2012 at 10:57:27 pm

Sure.

1. Export your Master.

2. Drag the Master to your Compressor icon in your dock. This will open your Master in Compressor automatically.

3. Go to the Settings tab and locate the H.264 setting. Drag that setting to your video 15 times (because you want 15 segments)

4. Every time you drag a setting to your video in Compressor, it creates a new "job." Click on a job to load it into the Inspector window and the Preview window. When the Preview window is selected, you can mark In and Out points to tell which portion of your video you want Compressor to compress. Because you want your video broken up into 15 segments, you need to mark the In and Out points for each "job."

5. Click submit

That's the best I can do for ya. If you are still having a hard time understanding, then you might need to crack open the manual and wrap your head around Compressor.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on May 17, 2012 at 11:15:10 am

Personally, I might duplicate the sequence in FCP 15 times, edit down each duplicate to just the portion needed and rename the sequences appropriately (of course you'll leave the original sequence in tact). Export each one as a reference movie (self-contained unchecked), import all 15 into compressor, select all, apply the setting to all and submit. If you know that you won't ever need to make any changes to individual speakers videos, this would probably be a waste of time though..

Just to note, as I understand it, a "Job" in compressor is the file that is imported itself, not the individual setting(s) applied to it. Many settings can be applied to a Job. When the batch is submitted, a job with multiple settings will produce a file for each setting. A batch can have multiple jobs, each job with its own settings.

In my method above you would have 15 jobs, each with one setting. In Robs method you'd have one job with 15 settings, click on each setting to mark I/O points which would be faster since you already have chapter markers which you can use as a guide to set your I/O points.

Return to posts index

ted hyland
on May 17, 2012 at 5:02:53 pm

Great points. Got it, will try it. By the way, what is a "manual"? :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]