FORUMS: list search recent posts

incompabilty of 5D and 7D in the time line, both in proress 422

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francisco Bech Gómez
incompabilty of 5D and 7D in the time line, both in proress 422
on May 16, 2012 at 2:19:34 pm

Hello, I wan to edit a diveo with 5D ad 7D clips. I did the log and transfer process to prores 422. I drag 5D clips into the timeline, than when I put the 7D clips, I get a render green line. The same if I put the 7D clips first, then I get the green line fo 5D clips.

I was suggestad in another forum that 5D could be 25p and 7D could be 30P or different. But I check sequence setting and thay both seem to be 25P, when i check the 7D clips properties I see they are 25fps.

What am i doing wrong? how can I work with both clips?

best regards

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: incompabilty of 5D and 7D in the time line, both in proress 422
on May 16, 2012 at 3:49:22 pm

Open the files in Quicktime and check the frame rates of the individual clips in there. Open in Quicktime and choose Window-->Show Movie Inspector (command + I is the shortcut). That will show you frame rate, data rate, resolution, and codec information.

Also what resolution are the clips? 480p? 720p? 1080p? Is your sequence set up properly (i.e. matches what's being put on there)?

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Pratul gaikwad
on May 16, 2012 at 3:57:46 pm

This must be the problem due to mismatch in the resolution.

@Ryan - Can we trust quicktime for the frame rate, I thought QT shows the running frame rate, which is usually lesser than the actual frame rate.
I always get wrong information about the frame rate in QT inspector.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on May 16, 2012 at 4:16:20 pm

@Pratul - you'll notice in QT that there are 2 FPS sections. One is labeled FPS and that comes from the metadata of the file. So whatever that file was recorded at is what will be displayed there. The other FPS is labeled "Playing FPS" - and that is only available when playing back. The playing FPS will depend on where your video is stored (external hard drive, flash drive, RAID, etc.) as to whether it can play back at the correct frame rate.

So you can trust the FPS label as that comes from the file itself. The Playing FPS can vary depending on your system.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Pratul gaikwad
on May 16, 2012 at 8:00:33 pm

@Ryan- Thanks I will keep that in mind.

Return to posts index

Francisco Bech Gómez
on May 16, 2012 at 4:18:03 pm

Hello, looking at the item properties of both clips. I see 5D is 23,97 fps and 7D is 25fps. Could be this the problem? how can I match this. Both 7D and 5D are 422 proress now with the same frame size

best regards

Return to posts index

Francisco Bech Gómez
on May 16, 2012 at 4:21:30 pm

The resolution is 1080 in both, 1920x1080 frame size. The sequence matches whats is being put there

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 16, 2012 at 7:33:42 pm

[Francisco Bech Gómez] "I see 5D is 23,97 fps and 7D is 25fps. Could be this the problem?"

Yeah...that's the problem. One camera shot 24fps, the other shot 25FPS. Those are different frame rates. Mixing those will be messy. Put 24 in a 25fps sequence, and you get 1 repeated frame every second. put 25 in a 24fps sequence, you lose 1 frame every second. Either way, it'll have an odd slight stutter to it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Francisco Bech Gómez
on May 17, 2012 at 6:40:02 am

ok, Thanks. Is there any way/software to fix this?, convert the 25fps to 24 maybe? I did some rendering in final cut and now I get a blue line,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]