FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem transcoding red material to FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver der Nederlanden
Problem transcoding red material to FCP
on May 15, 2012 at 9:40:27 pm

Hello!

I've been working with a musicvideo and are now in the editing process. We have shot the material on red and I have therefor made some tests to export prores files from redcine-x pro. I have followed a tutorial that you can see here

on how to transcode the material.

The issue is now that then I'm importing the material to Final Cut Pro 7 and drag it into a new sequence, the material is getting this green preview colour over the timeline, and if I try to drag two clips over each other(in two different tracks) it turns red. This turns out to be the problem only then I'm exporting with the codec prores 4444, then I try the prores proxy 422, I do not have that problem(the colour over the timeline is constantly gray)and the sequence works as normal. Any idea of what the problem could be? Because I really have to edit in prores 4444.

Best Regards
Oliver

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Problem transcoding red material to FCP
on May 16, 2012 at 1:22:14 am

Sounds like your system is not fast enough.

Return to posts index

Oliver der Nederlanden
Re: Problem transcoding red material to FCP
on May 16, 2012 at 2:52:34 pm

I've got a white macbook with 2.1 Ghz intel core 2 duo processor, 1 GB(two 512 MB SO-DIMM-modules)DDR2 - SDRAM, Graphics Processing Unit: Intel GMA X3100 with 144 MB DDR2 SDRAM shared with the main memory. But would that really interfere with how I see things in the timeline of Final Cut? I Also Installed RED Final Cut Studio 3 Installer and did a test with transcoding a redclip to prores 4444, and there It works great(with only gray colours over the timeline). Problem Is I don't wan't to use that program cause It's so limited.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]