FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Timeline and Export Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Richards
FCP Timeline and Export Settings
on May 15, 2012 at 3:34:02 pm

Hello All,

I am so frustrated. I often post my videos onto Vimeo but lately I've been having problems with the video performance - there are 'wrinkles', 'waves' and 'stutters'. Vimeo tech support isn't really helping so what I'm hoping to be able to accomplish is that one or more of you wise souls can share your wisdom with me:

CAMERA SETTINGS: I shoot on an HVX200a. Most of what I shoot is reality-type, run-n-gun photojournalism stuff with pans and tilts etc. The camera is not locked-down all that often. Usually on 720pn/30fps with the shutter at 1/60. (Does anyone recommend a different setting? Keep in mind I only have a single 16gb card)

FCP TIMELINE SETTINGS: I work on FCP 7.0.3 and either let the program choose the Timeline Setting or I sometimes choose DVCPRO HD 720p/30. Are either of these the best to go with?

EXPORTING: I generally Export using the following:

MP4
Broadband High
Video Format H-264
Data Rate: 2000 k/bits per sec
Optimized for Download
Image Size 1280x720
Frame Rate Current
Key Frame 150 frames

So, am I doing anything wrong to be causing the issue I'm having with the upload to Vimeo? Is there anything wrong with my setting choices in general? Finally, are there better options with both camera and edit to make what I shoot look as good as it can possibly look?

I hope I gave you enough information. Thank you so much for your taking the time to read this and for getting back to me.

- Larry

Thank you!

Larry R.
Florida

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: FCP Timeline and Export Settings
on May 15, 2012 at 5:08:32 pm

I can't spot anything in your workflow that's a red flag to me.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Lawrence Richards
on May 15, 2012 at 5:24:14 pm

Thank you, Chris. Although I was kinda hoping that it was something I was doing or rather, not doing.

Thank you!

Larry R.
Florida

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on May 16, 2012 at 3:51:51 am

You might try exporting from FCP as a self contained movie at current settings and bring it into compressor to encode for Vimeo as h.264

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]