FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uncompressed Quicktime Export. Terrible grey/green pixelation blocks on true export only.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leon Willis
Uncompressed Quicktime Export. Terrible grey/green pixelation blocks on true export only.
on May 15, 2012 at 11:16:28 am

I am Currently exporting a 2hour HD quick time movie from Final Cut Pro. However the export always comes out badly pixilated, sticks on frames and has full green and grey blocks on the whole screen at random points. I have tried various adjustments with no success, such as:
Copying and pasting all clips into a new sequence,
Exporting in 9 sections,
Exporting a 5 sec clip,
Exporting to the same drive as the project,
Exporting to the computer drive,

The only thing that seems to work is by clicking 'recompress all frames', as well as exporting with conversion. However this takes 2hours for each of the 9 sections, and the client has requested an uncompressed version.

Has anyone has had a similar encounter or seen a previous post with the solution.

The footage was shot in HD using DSLR's 60D and 5D mark II's.

Thanks

Leon

Return to posts index

Pratul gaikwad
Re: Uncompressed Quicktime Export. Terrible grey/green pixelation blocks on true export only.
on May 15, 2012 at 5:42:24 pm

what is the uncompressed format of the footage? your timeline settings?

Return to posts index

Leon Willis
Re: Uncompressed Quicktime Export. Terrible grey/green pixelation blocks on true export only.
on May 16, 2012 at 10:15:55 am

Hi thanks for your reply,
Raw footage settings: 1920x1080 H.264, Linear PCM.
Timeline settings: Frame size 1920x1080 HDTV 1080i (16:9)

The footage hast been transcoded into apple pro res, I have simply used the raw files which I downloaded from the SD cards. I have no dropped frames of pixellation during the edit, the problem only occurs on the quicktime movie export.

Thanks
L

Return to posts index

Leon Willis
on Nov 9, 2012 at 7:03:08 pm

I discovered the problem! At this time I was new to DSLR editing in FCP. I wasn't aware that all footage had to be converted! The new problem i have now is that I have edited a 3 camera 90min concert and I it will only export ok with QT conversion. (It plays fine from FC timeline).

The 2 questions are:

1. Does Compressor dvd export override apple pro res or will it cause playback sticking issues?

2. Would I loose quality if I export as SD from Final cut and then through compressor as SD for studio pro. Or Should I export as HD from FC and then downgrade to SD from Compressor.

I hope someone can help shed some light, as the release is fast approaching.

Cheers
L

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]