FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPro HD deck

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Prum
DVCPro HD deck
on May 15, 2012 at 9:24:37 am

I hope someone out there can help me with this quickly because I am at a loss.

I am trying to capture DVCpro HD tapes shot in 1080pA24. Every time I capture there are drop frames and the audio goes out of sync. All night I wrestled with the capture settings and pull down removal because I thought that the audio drift was due to incorrect frame rate settings or something wrong with pull down.

I tried capturing through firewire as well as the Kona LHI. I also tried capturing 1080pA24 and I tried doing the pull down after.

Now I believe it is simply the drop frames that are throwing the sync off. Does anyone know how i can fix this? I tried cleaning the deck heads but no luck. What could be causing these drop frames?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: DVCPro HD deck
on May 15, 2012 at 12:35:03 pm

Most of the time, dropped frames are being caused by drive problems... what are you using as a scratch disk, and have you tested it's write speed?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Max Prum
Re: DVCPro HD deck
on May 15, 2012 at 1:46:33 pm

Ugh your right. I finally (after about 12 hours) isolated the problem as a balky firewire port and a slow drive. It really shouldn't have taken so long but I was so focused on thinking it was something I was doing wrong with the settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]