FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro mp4's ???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Andrews
Final Cut Pro mp4's ???
on May 14, 2012 at 9:43:53 pm

Hi
I am new to FCP but I've been spending long hours reading the manual. I am tired of using amateur programs. I am in a recording major now and have 2 more years till I start my film major, but I want to start learning now. I finally got over one obstacle only find another. I've got a handy cam and it records in mp4 720 HD. It wasn't playing then I switched the timeline settings and it works until I get a couple clips in then it say general error. I tried rendering them but it hardly does anything. Is it not a good Idea to use mp4s while editing? I've never had issues editing with mp4s on iMovie or vegas, so..... But I have learned that more complex programs sometimes require more attention to detail on things that I may not be used to. For now I would just like to be able to use my handy cam and edit small videos no more then 15mins long. I dont know what the issue is.

Corey

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro mp4's ???
on May 15, 2012 at 12:15:48 am

FCP doesn't edit MP4 files. You need to convert them to ProRes. Use the presets in Compressor...or use MPEG STREAMCLIP. The file sizes will increase, but it will be editable.

If you want to edit your footage without converting, you need to use something like Premiere Pro. CS6 is out and it is a great option.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Corey Andrews
on May 18, 2012 at 2:27:11 pm

Cool thanks man. I have MPEG stream clip, but it seams like it wouldn't be a very pro type converter. But I will give that a try. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Corey Andrews
on May 22, 2012 at 3:06:56 am

Hello Again
I did convert to prores in The MPEG converter and it seems to work fine. But I like the compressors options and for some reason when I convert the same files to the same format I did in the other converter they lock up and sputter in FCP. Prores 4444 totaly locks up and prores 422 only locks it up a little. But the weird thing is the prores 4444 that I made in the MPEG converter doesn't lock up at all. I'd like to be able to use the compressor cause I can pre edit a little by cutting off some of the xs b4 conversion and do whole batches. Any Idea's????

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]