FORUMS: list search recent posts

New To Creative Cow! Export settings for Toast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javad Navran
New To Creative Cow! Export settings for Toast
on May 12, 2012 at 9:17:52 pm

I have tried looking around the site a bit to see if I can find the answer without clogging up the board but haven't found anything.

I am just curious what people have had success with for export settings from FCP getting ready to burn blu ray through Toast. I have a 20 min file that exported in different ways and has resulted in 14 gig and 1.4 gig files... I would think the larger file would have less compression and more information so would be better to use, is that wrong to think?

Any help would be great!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: New To Creative Cow! Export settings for Toast
on May 13, 2012 at 4:46:29 am

[Javad Navran] "I am just curious what people have had success with for export settings from FCP getting ready to burn blu ray through Toast."
From FC you don't get directly the files that you have to burn.
From FC export a movie with the best quality you can allow, then go through Compressor (Bluray preset) and export a disk-image to burn in Toast, or import that file in Toast to make there all the compression and authoring.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Javad Navran
on May 13, 2012 at 5:42:08 am

Thanks so much for your response Rafael. I guess part of my issue was figuring out what export settings would be best to get the best possible quality. I exported one using Quicktime compression and set quality to BEST and didnt touch much else and the file was 13 gigs, I exported one at 7000 Bit rate in the same Quicktime compression and had quality set at HIGH and it was a 1.2 gig file. Do you know which is better?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 13, 2012 at 6:00:53 am

You better export from your time-line with the custom setting. Don't use QT Conversion.
Then import that file to Compressor or Toast.
In those applications you can select the quality of the H264 file that will go inside the BR disk.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]