FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the best way to get correct color from final Cut Pro to youtube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bradley greenwell
What is the best way to get correct color from final Cut Pro to youtube
on May 12, 2012 at 7:13:51 pm

Does anyone know the best way to get the color you see in FCP to look the same when you upload to youtube.

It looks so washed out on youtube.

any suggestions would be a huge help

Thanks

Brad

Bradley J.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: What is the best way to get correct color from final Cut Pro to youtube
on May 12, 2012 at 8:50:30 pm

I'd like to know how to do the same for shows I color correct for TV. I watch them on TV and they look nothing like they do on my nice broadcast monitor in my bay. Watch it at my grandma's house? WORSE? Watch sports in a sports bar? UGH!

What that is meant to convey is that we have no control over how the show/project ends up being finally displayed. I color correct for TV, and deliver a tape or a QT file...that the network promptly ingests into their system and compresses. Then it gets sent out over a satellite, and compressed again. I have zero control over those factors.

You color correct using the FCP Canvas. It's a fair way to judge the quality of your footage if it will appear on computers. But then every computer monitor has different calibration settings. Just like every TV in Best Buy looks different...same with computer monitors. But then you send the file to YouTube and what does YouTube do? Compresses it. 5 ways from Sunday. 240p, 260p, 480p...720p and 1080p. And NONE of them will look like it did on your computer. And you have no control over that.

The best you can do it make it look good on your end. After that, it's out of your hands.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

bradley greenwell
Re: What is the best way to get correct color from final Cut Pro to youtube
on May 12, 2012 at 10:04:03 pm

Thanks Shane, I appreciate the speedy response :)

Bradley J.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]