FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick Time Export from time line

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bouley
Quick Time Export from time line
on May 10, 2012 at 2:56:14 pm

If I do not check the self contained block I will get black video with the audio. This happens every time I try to create a reference file using Quick Time. If I check the self contained block I get the video and audio.

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Quick Time Export from time line
on May 10, 2012 at 3:03:47 pm

Is your video rendered in the timeline?

Alex Elkins
Twitter: @postbluetv
http://www.postblue.tv
Post Blue showreel
Latest work: Greyhounds in Motion at 500fps
My Vimeo Pro page

Return to posts index

Michael Bouley
on May 10, 2012 at 3:10:18 pm

Yes, I always render first to save time.

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on May 10, 2012 at 4:18:41 pm

Hmm, sounds like you're doing everything right. Have you tried all the usual tricks? Restart FCP, trash preferences, etc...

Is this something that has worked in the past and suddenly has stopped working? If so, what has changed on your computer or the way you're working?

Alex Elkins
Twitter: @postbluetv
http://www.postblue.tv
Post Blue showreel
Latest work: Greyhounds in Motion at 500fps
My Vimeo Pro page

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on May 10, 2012 at 5:41:05 pm

i got bagged by not checking self contained and then disconnected my media drive.....playback was black frames.
i also sent the QT files to a client...and he got black frames because he didnt have the media drive connected.

Return to posts index

Michael Bouley
on May 10, 2012 at 10:31:23 pm

Yes countless reboots no Change. I did buy a new iMac yesterday and tried it on that mac with a 5 minute clip. Without checking the Self Contained Block my 5 minute encode created a MOV file that shows the first 3 seconds of the video and then stops but the audio keeps playing. I tried the export again this time to a second Firewire 800 drive, same results. Maybe it's time to switch to X

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
on May 11, 2012 at 8:10:33 am

Yes countless reboots no Change. I did buy a new iMac yesterday and tried it on that mac with a 5 minute clip. Without checking the Self Contained Block my 5 minute encode created a MOV file that shows the first 3 seconds of the video and then stops but the audio keeps playing.

Wait are you saying this happens when the media drive is not connected? Cos that would be your problem. If not, I would try and reconnect everything on the timeline, even if it's not offline- delete all render files too (as well as the usual stuff, prefs etc) then go from there. Also do you have the latest updates of everything?

I tried the export again this time to a second Firewire 800 drive, same results. Maybe it's time to switch to X

It's never time to switch to X. Get learning Avid!

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @TomTheEditor
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 2x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA ExpressCard/34. Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on May 12, 2012 at 1:41:40 am

If you don't check self-contained you are making a reference movie. A reference movie references the original media from the sequence and it will only work if it can "see" that media. If you move a reference movie to another computer that cannot see the media you will only get audio. FCP reference movie exports do self-contain the audio. Think of a reference movie like a FCP project. If you move a FCP to another computer that does not have the media you get an offline seq.

Reference movies are extremely useful in shared storage environments.

John

Return to posts index

Michael Bouley
on May 12, 2012 at 3:18:36 am

I know about that. I have the MOV file the export to Quick Time without using self contained and it is the issue. Just the first few seconds show up and freeze while the audio continues. I had the similar problem with my 2009 iMac with FCP7. The only difference was that the 09 iMac had black video with sound. I do not use any of the files on another computer. This is a FPC7 Problem.

If I check self contained the MOV file comes out perfect but also takes a lot longer to export.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]