FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP/Compressor issue MPEG-2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Beach
FCP/Compressor issue MPEG-2
on May 9, 2012 at 12:07:37 am

I’m getting a very a annoying issue when using compressor.

I have a 04:80 second apple pro res export form final cut, which I am then importing into compressor and applying the DVD SD mpeg-2 best quality template so I can burn to a DVD.

The compression goes through successfully, however when I play the mpeg file through quicktime it takes about 10 seconds to play and says the duration is 2 hours long. The video is there in the first 5 minutes but it keeps going with a black screen for 2 hours. If I try to burn this to disc any other video before it plays fine but when the track with this file comes it does nothing and restarts.

I’m using the default DVD settings in compressor and have tried high bit rate and lower but still does the same issue. The apple pro res file seems to have nothing wrong with it. Also, if I cut a fragment of the video and export using FCP and compress that it seems to work fine with the correct duration.

Not sure what the problem is, any help would be great?

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: FCP/Compressor issue MPEG-2
on May 9, 2012 at 10:53:00 am

Have you set in and out points before export from FCP?

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 9, 2012 at 10:28:59 pm

It sounds like FCP messed up the export somehow: odd file headers, whatever. You could try the usual litany of steps to correct FCP Weirdnes, but I think I'd just open the ProRes file in Quicktime, and just exporting a self-contained quicktime movie in ProRes. Try the export in Compressor and see if it works.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Bouley
on May 10, 2012 at 10:47:43 pm

Self Contained Export is not a problem. It has always been when I create a reference file by unchecking the self contained box that never works. Tested on two iMacs, Results were black screen with audio or frozen screen 3 seconds in with audio. All audio played back just fine.

Yep FCP weirdness forces me to switch to Final Cut Pro X. Thank You

Return to posts index

Elliot Beach
on Jun 13, 2012 at 10:22:03 pm

I ended up sending it straight to DVD Studio Pro which did the compression fine. Not sure why Compressor gave trouble with this one

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]