FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low Image Quality When Recompressing to Apple ProRes 422

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sophie lee
Low Image Quality When Recompressing to Apple ProRes 422
on May 5, 2012 at 10:11:02 pm

I am trying to edit an HD 3d animation on a macbook pro with Final Cut Pro 6. The only possible way to achieve this seemed to be to recompress the existing FCP project into a ProRes 422 codec, edit, and then change the codec when it came to rendering on a more powerful computer. However, the ProRes project has such poor image quality than I am unable to edit. Evidently I've done something wrong as I understood that ProRes would provide the same image quality but with much faster playback than my original files.
This has been my workflow so far:

1. Save the image sequences of the rendered animation in Quicktime Pro as a quicktime movie with a .tga codec
2. Import all the QT files into FCP
3. Recompress the whole project using the Media Manager as ProRes 422 1920x1080 30p 48kHz and save as a duplicate project
4. When I open that and try to work with it the image quality is poor

I have also tried re-saving the image sequences in QT with a ProRes 422 codec to start with, but again the image quality is no good.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Low Image Quality When Recompressing to Apple ProRes 422
on May 6, 2012 at 2:15:34 pm

[sophie lee] "1. Save the image sequences of the rendered animation in Quicktime Pro as a quicktime movie with a .tga codec"
Save the image sequences directly as Prores.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]