FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apply cuts from 1 timeline.... to another timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stembridge
Apply cuts from 1 timeline.... to another timeline?
on May 3, 2012 at 2:58:35 am

I ended up having to capture from tape, after having some dropout from feed direct into my mac. I have matched up the sequence overall TRT, and would like to apply the cut mark locations to the new timeline.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Apply cuts from 1 timeline.... to another timeline?
on May 3, 2012 at 3:29:40 am

Duplicate your sequence.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Roy McKenzie
on May 3, 2012 at 2:58:05 pm

I mean if the timecode or at least the timing of the tape capture is the same or close you could dup the sequence, make the clips independent by right clicking on them in the timeline, taking them offline and relinking to the tape footage. It's a bit of a crap shoot if the timecode is not close.

If there are a lot of cuts make a offline version of the sequence by right clicking on the sequence in the browser. Then relink to tape footage. If the timecode is not close or the same it's not gonna work tho.

Brute force: if the trt is the same you could paste the cuts over the top of the footage, make every cut one frame, then grab all the one frame cuts and drag them down over the footage. So cuts on V2 tack and footage on V1 track. Drag one frame cuts from V2 to V1 there by cutting up V1 (footage) at the cuts inpoints. Then clean it up by deleting the one frames and dragging the footage over one frame.

Understandy?

Thank you

Roy

Return to posts index

David Stembridge
on May 10, 2012 at 2:35:21 am

Thank you Roy; can you offer any additional detail?
This is what I have now, I added the orig. timeline with cuts to V2.... and V1 is new footage captured from tapes. HOW do you "make every cut one frame"? and after doing that.... do a search "for all" what term?
4108_1.jpg.zip
Thanks! David

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on May 10, 2012 at 3:52:12 am

You could duplicate the sequence that has the cuts and lay the new clip above it on V2. Make sure they are in sync. Press the down arrow to jump to the next edit then control-V to make a cut, repeat "down, control-v" until done. Delete the old clips.

Return to posts index

David Stembridge
on May 10, 2012 at 1:00:44 pm

Unfortunately.... because it is a multiclip, the angle stays the same using that method.... I will try nesting the captured tape clips into a clip that matches up in length and see if I can sync up again, and finally if all else fails, just edit it again.

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. - John 1:10

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]