FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP to soundtrack - audio cross dissolves transfer problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy McKenzie
FCP to soundtrack - audio cross dissolves transfer problem
on May 2, 2012 at 9:25:56 pm

I'm sure I am not the only one with this issue.

When I edit content in FCP and I need to lower the music levels I use an audio cross dissolve between the track of music with the higher audio level to the track with a lower audio level. Often I use the blade tool to make a cut and put in an audio cross dissolve and that works great to dissolve from the high level to the low level.

When it come time to move into soundtrack to master the audio I can never get the audio cross dissolves to translate over correctly. The cross dissolves are in the soundtrack timeline, but the envelope just drops suddenly from the high audio level to the low audio level and the cross dissolve does not make the transition smooth, like in FCP.

I understand that I could use the pen tool to make my audio level fades, but that is not how I work and it seems like this should work in soundtrack the way it works in FCP.

Has anyone found a viable work around for this? Perhaps a script in FCP that converts audio dissolves to pen point fades?

In the pictures I used the "send to soundtrack pro multiclip project" command in the file menu.

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved