FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch applying the same TC to multiple clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Mills
Batch applying the same TC to multiple clips
on May 2, 2012 at 8:20:38 am

Hi there,

I was just wondering if there was an app out there that could batch apply the same TC track to multiple clips?

I know Bouke's qtChange is out there, but that only seems to apply TC incrementally and I really need every clip to start with the same TC as it's for translation / subtitling purposes and we have two different types of file formats being referred to....... long story!

Anyway if there is a tool out there it would be great to find out what it is!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Batch applying the same TC to multiple clips
on May 2, 2012 at 9:59:58 am

I don't know but I usually give translators a low res QT with bitc, so the translations come back with a meaningful t/c ref on them.

For transcriptions, I sometimes use Cityscripts and for them I can assemble all my interviews on a timeline and export it as both a file and as an edl, and then they can translate the elapsed time into the relevant source timecodes. I think it's their own developed software they use to do it, rather than something commercially available though.

http://www.cityscripts.co.uk/

Return to posts index

Ben Mills
Re: Batch applying the same TC to multiple clips
on May 2, 2012 at 10:15:36 am

ok, the nature of the project is a little more complex unfortunately!

We have a central database with all the clips attached for logging, this is running over a server so we use low res MP4s so that playback is seemless. This is also used by directors to view footage and is in a variety of languages.

Naturally an MP4 cannot contain a TC track so for translation purposes we need to send out a QT with a TC track so that the translators can lay out the translation document in a way so that we can import as subtitles directly.

The translations are then also pasted into the database as well as being used to cut with.

So that the directors and everyone else is working on the same page, we need to have a TC that matches the MP4s in the database, and as they don't contain a TC track, they always start from 0, hence my requirement to get all translation clips sent out with a 00:00:00:00 TC track on each clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]