FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interlaced effect applying MBLooks filter on clips in Final Cut Pro7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fa Waka
Interlaced effect applying MBLooks filter on clips in Final Cut Pro7
on Apr 30, 2012 at 4:48:43 pm

Hi,

I'm having trouble with applying MBLooks filters on my clips in FCP7. The clip looks interlaced when I apply the filter.

My footage is Appleprores 422HQ and my sequence settings are:
1920x 1080 HDTV 1080i
Pixelaspect: square
Field dom: upper

I've googled a bit and found Magic Bullet Frames, it assumes to fix my problem. So I've put on the MBFrames filter as well, and after moving the levers and swiching boxes on and of there was no effect. Then I've tried to find a tutorial of Frames in FCP but couldn't find any.

Is there anybody out there who had the same problem?

Return to posts index

Fa Waka
Re: Interlaced effect applying MBLooks filter on clips in Final Cut Pro7
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:11:57 pm

Iallso found out that the settings in my Magic Bullet suite is DVCproHD and when I convert my clip to that format there seems to be no problem with the file. Do I need to change my MBL settings an if so how do I do that because now I can only change it to Digital Cinema Desktop, IChat... or Firewire.

Return to posts index

Fa Waka
on May 1, 2012 at 2:54:11 am

Ok I've figuered it out,
I had to change the field dominance (why FCP reads my progressive material with an upper field dominance puzzles me) in the browser with a right click to none. After that no more pixels and stripes.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 1, 2012 at 3:53:01 am

[Fa Waka] "I had to change the field dominance (why FCP reads my progressive material with an upper field dominance puzzles me) in the browser with a right click to none. After that no more pixels and stripes."
You have to change your sequence field dominance too (MONE).

MagicBullet is designed to get cine like look so to work on Progressive stuff.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 1, 2012 at 5:34:23 am

You shouldn't have to change codecs. MBL should work in a ProRes HQ sequence just fine. As Rafa says, you need to have both clips and sequence set to None if the footage is progressive.

Return to posts index

Fa Waka
on Nov 19, 2012 at 2:55:40 pm

Thanks for your reply,
Yeah, my sequence is always set to none because I only use progressive material.
The issue is that Mpeg streamclip does not give me the option to set my field dominance to none when i deinterlace 1080i material. So it wasn't MBL of FCP after all. Everything is fine now, thanks again.

Return to posts index

Fa Waka
on Nov 19, 2012 at 2:50:35 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Yeah, my sequence is always set to none because I only use progressive material. I think the issue is that Mpeg streamclip does not give me the option to set my field dominance to none when i deinterlace 1080i material. But everything is fine now, thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]