FORUMS: list search recent posts

attributes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Means
attributes
on Apr 27, 2012 at 3:00:46 am

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong...

I created an aircraft instrument in Photoshop and imported it into the FCP timeline (FCP 7). The layered image (an aircraft's directional gyro) has a compass face that rotates as the timeline plays. I used keyframes to tell the moving instrument face where to stop. It works well, but I need the sequence to play for several minutes - much longer than a photoshop image will last on the timeline. To increase the length of time the sequence plays, I copied and pasted the image so they run sequentially. I need the second image to have different motion attributes than the original image, so I right-clicked on the second image and clicked on Remove Motion Attributes. This successfully removed the motion attributes from the second image, but it also removed the motion attributes from the first image (it was NOT highlighted). I only want to remove the motion attributes from the second image - I want the original image's motion attributes to remain as I set them - with keyframes.
How can I remove motion attributes from a copied clip without affecting the original clip?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: attributes
on Apr 28, 2012 at 1:59:38 pm

You can increase the duration of those PS files. Just type the duration you need it to be in the Browser's Duration Column for that clip.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]