FORUMS: list search recent posts

download video from website

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike albertini
download video from website
on Apr 25, 2012 at 5:24:07 pm

Hi,

I need to download the 'Filling of Victoza' video from this website for use in FCP...

http://br.thenewsmarket.com/NovoNordisk/br/Asset/VideoLibrary.aspx

I'd usually use the Safari>window>activity method to get videos from websites but this doesn't seem to be working for this video and I need to download it in the next 12 hours...

Ironically its free on their website to subscribers but they take upto 48 hours to pass your subscription and i'm not a subscriber...

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: download video from website
on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:15:28 pm

You said it's "free to subscribers" since you're not a subscriber, I doubt you can do anything. Why not call them?

Return to posts index

mike albertini
on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:29:50 pm

Hi Greg,

You're probably right...just wanted to make sure there wasnt some method I'm missing which may be beneficial to me in future...as I've tried keepvid and various other methods...

But in this case, yep perhaps I'll just get one of the producers at work to email them and get me a quick subscription so it can be downloaded the simple way

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Bryce Scruggs
on Apr 25, 2012 at 11:30:26 pm

I use a plugin in Firefox called video downloader. One you launch Firefox there should be the video downloader logo lighting up. And it will give you options to download the certain videos on the page

Return to posts index

Tom Valens
on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:50:04 am

I had a problem recently where I posted something on Dropbox but my contact wasn't able to download it - it opened and played fine, but couldn't be downloaded. Dropbox support suggested I add " ?dl=1 " (without the quotes), and that solved the problem. Apparently that told Safari to download the video rather than simple play it. So you could try adding ?dl=1 to the end of the address and see if that works.

Tom Valens
Tamalpais Productions

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 26, 2012 at 1:31:15 am

I hope you realise there is a huge legal difference between able to download for free if you subscribe and being able to use that video in any other way. If you want to load it into FCP it implies you intend to edit it and use it other than just to view. Free to subscribers means you have paid for a right to view only.

You need to contact the copyright owners before assuming you have any rights to usage. Unless it is covered under some classification of creative commons, you cannot assume you have any right to reuse, re-edit or redistribute.

Return to posts index

Tom Valens
on Apr 27, 2012 at 12:48:45 am

A good an important reminder - Thanks. In my case, I was uploading and wanting to share something I had created.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]