FORUMS: list search recent posts

Repairing Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannah Brown
Repairing Footage
on Apr 24, 2012 at 10:40:58 am

Hi, I have just finished cutting together a montage to a music track on FCP studio 7.

The spec given was to download a load of videos off youtube and create a montage. All the videos I downloaded were different aspect ratios, quality etc.

I was wandering what the best route would be to go down to get rid of blurry pixels, random lines and stuff.

I have tried duplicating clips and laying them over each other, one with a low opacity and blur which helps a tiny bit.

All suggestions welcome!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Repairing Footage
on Apr 24, 2012 at 5:43:03 pm

DO you have the rights to use these videos? Depending on how you are presenting this footage, there might be legal issues galore in doing this. Recutting stuff on youtube to put back on youtube as a compilation that you do as a hobby...people might turn a blind eye. But other uses might cause issues. And claiming ignorance as "just the editor" might not cut it.

What you see is what you get. WYSISWYG. People shoot with poor cameras that compress, then compress again to send to YouTube, that again will compress the footage. Then you come along to rip...then recompress. Unless you have high end...REALLY high end software and hardware...you aren't going to be able to fix this. There are options for occasional dead pixels...the odd dropout.

http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/plugins

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Hannah Brown
Re: Repairing Footage
on Apr 25, 2012 at 11:07:22 am

Hi Shane, thanks for getting back to me. I thought it might be a lost cause to be honest!

I am aware of the copyright issues that may arise, so I have just bought this up with my client and we shall see what the outcome is. I don't believe it's going to be distributed for profit or anything but thanks for the heads up anyway!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]