FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adaptive streaming in FCP or Compressor?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan-David van Luipen
Adaptive streaming in FCP or Compressor?
on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:47:35 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to export video from FCP7/X which is suitable for adaptive streaming.
FCPX provides a way to export for adaptive streaming but all files come out as .ts (MPEG transport stream)
I need the following formats:

H.264 200K
VideoCodec : H264 AVC Baseline 1.2
Container : M4V Quicktime
Bitrate : 180 kbps
Framerate : 25fps
Framesize : 160×90
Audio: AAC-LC
Bitrate : 20 kbps
Samplerate : 32 kHz
Channel : Stereo (L, R)

Is there a way to create baseline profiles from FCP7/X and/or do you know a good alternative for adaptive streaming?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Jan-David

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: Adaptive streaming in FCP or Compressor?
on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:25:34 am

Sorry if Im being silly here, but I think you may be getting mixed up? Adaptive streaming works by the streaming platform having the intelligence to switch between bitrates of video. To do this (as far as I know) it is literally switching between different versions of the same video, and those different versions have different bit rates. As such, you should just encode your video to a good quality H264 MP4 or MOV in compressor, and let the streaming platform do the rest. The only way of manually controlling it is to make your own versions and upload them, but I dont know of any platforms that let you do that.

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @TomTheEditor
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 2x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA ExpressCard/34. Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: Adaptive streaming in FCP or Compressor?
on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:27:23 am

Sorry also just read the specs you have asked for properly- not that it's my place to ask, but what on earth requires such horrifically terrible quality?

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @TomTheEditor
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 2x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA ExpressCard/34. Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]