FORUMS: list search recent posts

emailing proxy files/ Dropbox

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Zukin
emailing proxy files/ Dropbox
on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:26:24 pm

I used to have a nice, easy workflow where I sent proxy files to a producer.

They're P2 files -- compressed via ProxyMill and sent via Dropbox. Easy, quick, and simple.

Then Dropbox "updated" their site, and they changed their method of transcoding.

I approached their tech-support team, and after 3 weeks they finally gave me a "workaround" that's complicated and just doesn't work.

So, anyone out there have a nice method of electronically transferring small H.264 files with an embedded time-code window??

Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Christie
Re: emailing proxy files/ Dropbox
on Apr 23, 2012 at 7:29:48 pm

How about if you zip them first? I've used that to get around services trying to re-encode my video for me.

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
on Apr 23, 2012 at 7:48:33 pm

Thanks, John; I'll give that a try...

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 23, 2012 at 11:30:08 pm

I don't understand. They don't reencode your files. They have a web preview that is flash based with a lot of compression, but I'd you click the download button next to it, you'll get the original file. If you go to it on an iOS device you'll get the original h264 file since they can't play the flash.

But if you're transferring files you shouldn't be messing with the website. Just install dropbox on both computers. When you put the files in the shared project, they will appear in the mirrored folder on your clients computer.
I do this almost daily with rough cuts and snippets. Usually h26s I've also had 20 gigs of XDCam sent via Dropbox, 4 gigs at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]