FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting A TGA Image stream (Lossless) from Final Cut Pro 7 for a VFX work

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Krish Nightstar
Exporting A TGA Image stream (Lossless) from Final Cut Pro 7 for a VFX work
on Apr 22, 2012 at 5:59:52 pm

HI All,

Iam quite stuck, i have spoken to numerous VFX artists to try and help me fix some elements with my film, however i cannot fir the life of me figure out how to correctly export a lossless Image stream.

i dont know too much about the professional workflows for exporting video but i know that what i have been trying to export looks to me to be poor quality.

Here are the settings Iam working with, I believe I encoded the clips from the camera to Apple Prores 422 (HQ) for editing but would need to double check.

Camera: Cannon 5D mrk ii
framerate: 25 fps

I would like to know step by step how i can correctly export a high quality image stream or any other workaround to gt my footage / clips to a VFX artist to work on some special effects.

See below an image i have taken on the left is the last frame of my TGA image export, it is to dark and there is distinct loss of detail. the image on the right is a lot better the last image from my Quicktime Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) 1920 x 1080.

im wondering why this loss happens when i export using quicktime conversion for image sequence.

Thanks in advance for any help you may have to solve this problem.

K

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
Re: Exporting A TGA Image stream (Lossless) from Final Cut Pro 7 for a VFX work
on Apr 22, 2012 at 7:07:23 pm

Conversion from YCbCr to 8-bit RGB is lossy. Conversion via Export>Using QuickTime Conversion is even more lossy too. Find someone who can do VFX on ProRes clips.

Return to posts index

Krish Nightstar
on Apr 22, 2012 at 7:41:03 pm

Really? there has to be a professional workflow for VFX from FCP though? thanks for your swift response!

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Apr 24, 2012 at 10:34:08 pm

Export 10-bit Uncompressed QuickTime movies. Ask your VFX guys to render finished shotes in 10-bit Uncompressed QuickTime movies.

Return to posts index

Krish Nightstar
on Apr 25, 2012 at 9:31:01 am

Thank you that sounds quite helpful I will ask them about this and get back to you, I hope this is the solution! I wasn't aware the workflow for adding Special effects to DSLR footage but this definitely helps!

Krish

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]