FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio sync drift ever so slightly over an hour no video just audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nemr Abou Nassar
Audio sync drift ever so slightly over an hour no video just audio
on Apr 22, 2012 at 11:33:49 am

Hi,

I've tried everything in the forums but to no avail.

I recorded audio for a show from two different devices. One is a Zoom R16 the other is a Zoom H4n. On the Zoom R16 I have three audio tracks which are always in perfect sync recorded. My video from Cannon 5D and 7D (multicam shoot) which I sync to these is always in sync so no problems :D This is audio is the ambience or crowd, so let's call it crowd.

The problem is the audio from the Zoom H4n (Let's call this vocals). It was recorded at 44.1 Khz everything else is 48Khz so I converted the audio using logic pro to 48khz.

I sync the vocals to the crowd(which consists of three tracks) and no problems there it syncs in the beginning but by the end it has slipped out of sync. Just a few frames. I would fix it manually but it is taking forever and this was recorded over 6 days! so I have six approximatey 90 minute hows to fix and it is never qoing to be so accurate if I and up cutting and shifting every so often.

Any idea what's going on? My easy setup is at 25fps which is what the video is. Once again no problem syncing video to the audio from the Zoom R16 only probelm is with the Zoom H4n. I'm trying to sync the audio from Zoom R16 to H4n if I can get that one damn track to stay in sync then I'll use plural eyes and my project will sync no problems and I can finally edit this!

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]