FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip audio synch error..audio speed 99,899%

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juha Västi
Multiclip audio synch error..audio speed 99,899%
on Apr 21, 2012 at 10:27:46 pm

This is my weirdest problem ever...
Okey here we go. I shoot some clips with my camera. Clips are something like 30-45min long. My cameras are panasonic cameras so they shoot AVCHD format (50i). Then i import them to final cut pro 7 with Log & transfer.

So i have four clips in ProRes442HQ format. Then i edit them as multi clip and everything is perfect. But when i get audio file what was recorder on the same place with ProTools things start to go wrong.

Well first i synch the new audio with the video. Everything is fine...but in the end the video and audio is out of synch. Well what do you do? you take the waveform monitor and match the original audio and the new audio together...what do you get? something that´s out of synch. Well that´s weird. If i look at the picture and watch the audio wave they are out of synch.

The only cure i have found is to slow down the audio to 99,899%...man that´s...how do you say it? wrong.
But with that the synch is correct.

First i thought that there must be something wrong with the ProRes convert so i made Mpeg4 file with AunSoft and import it to final cut pro 7 and replaced the audio.... we'll the same thing happens..

Then i tryed to import the mpeg4 to iMovie..and wola it works.. and i´don't need to change the audio speed. How can it be? then i try it with ProRes442Hq and it work also... after that my friend tryes it in Sony vegas and it works....

So the audio is fine, video fine, the convert is fine...but the is something badly wrong in final cut pro 7.
And i just can´t figure it out.

So if i edit with the camera audio everything is fine.. if i ad mixed audio it´s wrong. Even the wave from does not match... Maybe i should start using iMovie... just kidding maybe Final cut pro X makes it better.

I have read that in america people have similar problems but they are solved with right framerate sped. 29 vs 30....but i don't´thing that this is the problem here..maybe it´s something to do with the 50i format...dunno

and if you have similar problems just slow down the audio to 99,899%

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
Re: Multiclip audio synch error..audio speed 99,899%
on Apr 25, 2012 at 2:33:59 am

The cause is almost certainly that some FCP settings are causing it to be confused about how to handle the audio timing. The explanation and solution are described here:

The sync is a little bit off, or my clips drift out of sync

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.
http://www.singularsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Juha Västi
on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:20:18 am

Thanks Bruce.
There was lot of good information.
There is still one big question. Why Imovie and Vegas can handle
the same clips without problems?

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:35:42 am

There's nothing wrong with the clips, it's just a matter of getting the NLE to interpret the timing of them correctly. FCP needs a little more attention to setup than iMovie or Vegas in this case.

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.
http://www.singularsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]