FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making seperate audio and video into a single clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Brier
Making seperate audio and video into a single clip?
on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:18:53 am

Ok, so I'm the editor for a small biography/documentary oriented production company, and we have been updating all of our equipment in the last few months. What I'm wondering is how, short of exporting an entire sequence, I can sync my video (from a canon 60D DSLR) with my audio (from a zoom H4N) and then turn the resulting AV track into a single clip to be subclipped ands worked on. The syncing isn't a problem, I'm using pluraleyes, but I'm having trouble making those synced sequences into clips again. Any ideas on how to make this work or how to simplify the process?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Making seperate audio and video into a single clip?
on Apr 19, 2012 at 8:05:28 am

Use the sequences as clips. Drag into the Viewer. But you can't do sub clips that way. If you use Pluraleyes, you are stuck with sequences.

If you have sync points, like a slate, or a clap, you can mark in points on video and audio and use the Merge Clip command. They makes new, merged clips you can subclip

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pranab Bhowmick
Re: Making seperate audio and video into a single clip?
on Apr 19, 2012 at 3:20:41 pm

You can export the sequence with "Make Movie Self-Contained" option un-checked. You can then import the sequence just like any other quicktime and work on it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]