FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Error: Out of Memory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gavin Turner
FCP 7 Error: Out of Memory
on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:54:33 pm

I've read some of the previous postings and I haven't found anything relating to my issue except one and it still didn't help. I know this may seem redundant to many seasoned vets, but I can't get this to export to save my live. I shot with a Canon 7d and I converted all the footage to Apple Pro Res 422 LT except for one clip. This clip was an mp4 I downloaded from Vimeo, and I put it in After Effects and exported as a .MOV file. I do realize looking back I probably should have converted that new *.mov file as well. Even after going back and doing it, it was still a no win and I"m still getting the same message. This is a 10 minute short film for my film class. PLEASE HELP! I'm desperate!!

Return to posts index

Samuel Enblom
Re: FCP 7 Error: Out of Memory
on Apr 19, 2012 at 8:50:59 pm

Does the out of memory error comes when your exporting?

In that case I wouldn't say that the file format is the problem, that should a render fix perfectly fine.

I would recommend that you start looking where you've scratched your disk.. Are you editing on a external harddrive? In that case the harddrive could be formatted in FAT32 (both for MAC and PC) in if thats the case you can only transfer files smaller than 4GB.

Try scratch your disk to a place where you know you got plenty of memory, and export it to your drive on your computer...

Hope it helps :)

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Apr 19, 2012 at 8:51:34 pm

I hope this doesn't sound glib, but what you describe doesn't normally cause an out of memory error. Out of memory is much more likely to be caused by stills than a quicktime file IME. If you have any stills, convert them to tiff and make sure they have no more than 4000 pixels along either side (if you need to work with a bigger still than that to do, for example, a big zoom, do the move in Motion and import the Motion project into FCP, not the still).

One other thing which can sometimes help is this: create a new project and a new sequence in that project (with suitable settings for your material), then open your existing sequence and copy/paste the content of your existing sequence into the new one. Render the new sequence and try exporting that.

I hope one of those helps.

Return to posts index

Norman Wong
on Mar 12, 2014 at 9:48:36 am

This just happened to me. I went through my sequence and looked to see if anything in there was odd. I had used a rather large PSD at one point. I took it out and tried to output. That wrked fine. I went back into PS reduced the image size, put it back where it needed to go in the edit and BOOM. The good "BOOM". All is now well.

I would check the sequence to see if there are any large image files. If so take them out, reduce their size in PS, reimport and replace. See if that works. I guess you had this problem 2 years ago, but maybe this will help others.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]