FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pops & clicks won't go away

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Makichuk
Pops & clicks won't go away
on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:28:48 pm

I have project consisting of photos, video clips, HD interviews and all was well until I recorded new audio(via DV camera, but same as previous audio). I deleted the video track as it's not needed and noticed clicks every 20 sec or so. I moved the independent audio track around and it was gone. Then I replaced old audio clip with new and now have clicks.

I went to Soundtrack pro and analyzed and fixed all (2x) but the clicks remain, if anything they're longer.

Checked sound and it's all 48khz, setting is DV NTSC Anamorphic.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Pops & clicks won't go away
on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:27:06 am

Is the audio PCM 16 or 24 bit? Only these bit depths work for files. FCP can be set to 32 bit but files cannot. As well as having everything at 48khz, the sequence must also be set to 48khz.

If you have any audio in formats like mp3 or aac - basically anything but aif or wav, then you can get clicks or glitches in playback and rendered output.

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:33:01 pm

audio is 16 bit, audio comes from a DV camera with video/audio. I did 2 separate narrations on same camera and they were good. Then producer wanted a new narrator so I did a 3rd one, exactly like the other two except this one has pops.

It also spread pops to clips that didn't have any before.

Return to posts index

Pranab Bhowmick
on Apr 19, 2012 at 3:53:22 pm

I faced similar problems when I tried to mix PAL/NTSC video and audio. Just check if the timebase is consistent across the sequence and clips.

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Apr 19, 2012 at 4:22:22 pm

Not sure what you mean, can you give me more detail? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 20, 2012 at 12:24:44 am

Go to the new narration quicktimes and look at the file attributes. Make sure the frame rate and the sample rate are the same as the sequence. DV cameras can be changed to 32khz sample rate.

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Apr 20, 2012 at 1:47:51 am

Found the source, original audio was way too high, my guru brought it down. God bless FCP gurus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]