FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio issue with FCP 7.0.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Wraxall
Audio issue with FCP 7.0.3
on Apr 17, 2012 at 9:57:06 pm

I was wondering if anyone could throw light on an audio issue I am having with FCP 7.0.3.

I have several projects where I have 3 or 4 stereo audio channels and channels 2 and 3 are no longer playing. The faders are working, the clips play fine when I check them separately but they don't play in the context of the timeline.

I have also tried deleting the files and re-importing them, in case they were corrupted... same results, they don't play.

As it is happening with several projects, I suspect it may be a system preference issue. I'm a newbie at this and I have played around with the settings but have been unable to resolve the problem and it's driving me nuts! Any suggestions?

I am running a MacBook Pro on OS 10.6.8.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Audio issue with FCP 7.0.3
on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:32:28 am

I've seen some really odd things happen when the sound clips weren't uncompressed 48kHz 16bit files, e.g., MP3s. So my inclination is to check the file formats before going any further and if they're not wav or aiff at 48kHz/16bit, convert them to that. 24bit is fine as well. That might not solve your problem, but it would remove a possible source of trouble/confusion before you go further.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]