FORUMS: list search recent posts

workflow advice for editing from browser HDSLR clips synced to three audio tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Stabb
workflow advice for editing from browser HDSLR clips synced to three audio tracks
on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:34:20 pm

Hi all,

I am working on an FCP7 edit which has HDSLR footage and Sony Z5 footage. Generally each conversation set-up was shot with the HDSLR shooting picture and guide audio and one or two Z5's shooting picture and one of them recording from two radio mic's. There was also a shotgun mic being boomed and recording to a separate H4n recorder.
Material has been synced up on various timelines, one relating to each shooting set-up (around 10 in total, each running to around 30mins - 60mins).
Each timeline has three video tracks. V1 with several shorter HDSLR shot clips and V2
& 3 with longer clips captured from tape shot on the Z5's. I need to organise the hdslr material synced on the timeline into individual clips in the browser but with the best audio replacing the awful guide audio. Sometimes the best audio is from the radio mic's and other times from the boom. Ideally i'd like to be able to give the dubbing mixer the option of using either of the three audio tracks (radio mic 1, 2 or boom) so therefore editing the HDSLR clips with three audio tracks. I could do this if I was to edit by copying and pasting from a timeline but this is unworkable through the whole edit.
Anybody got any good suggestions?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]