FORUMS: list search recent posts

Surround sound, my head will soon explode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Baker
Surround sound, my head will soon explode
on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:24:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I've looked at a few threads on this site that are in the same vein as what I'm after but the advice given hasn't helped, or it could be I'm following it wrong. I think it will be easier for everyone if I tell you the whole story

I'm running an event which requires Dark Side of the Moon to be playing in surround sound. I have the SACD copy of the album, but I need the sound to be sync'd with my visuals. So that rules out SACD because you can't rip it.

SO...

I've downloaded numerous copies of "Dark Side of the Moon 5.1", I've been working with them all and I can't get them to work, at first I figured it was a dodgy copy that was just stereo or something but because it's happened about 4 times with 4 different downloads, I think it's me.

I've got a FLAC version (claiming to be 5.1)
I've got a couple of AC3 versions (also claiming to be 5.1)
I've got a .VOB version (it has visuals on it, so I would just need the audio, this claims to be 5.1 too)

I'm attempting to get all of this to work in Final Cut Pro X so I can put it with my visuals and burn it to a DVD.

As I'm sure some of you know, Final Cut Pro X no longer accepts AC3 (or at least that's what I've read, I've tried importing it too and no luck)

I've got Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, Final Cut Pro X, Compressor 4, Logic 9, ImToo Video Converter Ultimate, and a bunch of other applications (if there is one I need and I don't have let me know and I'll go get it)

Thing is, in message boards where someone has come up with a solution, it's always been PC software or pre-intel Mac software!

I need to get this all up and running for the event which is next Wednesday (25th), if anyone's in London, give me an email, it's free entry and free alcohol.
sambaker.ct@gmail.com

So if anyone can help me figure out how I do this, that would be amazing! Ideally I would like the individual channels of audio, but if there's a way to get it to work burning on to a DVD, I'm fine with that!

Thanks guys, I'm gonna keep googling till I find my answer
Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]