FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 - Few Editing Questions (Complete Beginner)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter anders
FCP7 - Few Editing Questions (Complete Beginner)
on Apr 16, 2012 at 6:38:28 pm

Hi guys, i was wondering if there's anyone on here who specializes in video editing on FCP7. This is my first time video recording and i've never edited on FCP7, so I have a few quick questions to better my editing skills next time around.

1.) How do i add a rectangle overlay underneath the logo on the top right of the vid?

2.) How do i have a rectangle shape underneath my text, and have them both move around the frame? I think i use motion keyframe for the latter right? I want to do this for the title.

3.) Last, for those who upgraded to FCPX, how do you guys like it? As someone who isn't a professional in the industry, will it be better for me? I heard it's geared more towards the prosumer, which might be more intuitive than FCP7 for someone like me...

4.) For adding subtitles, do i HAVE to manually place them into the timeline? I mean is there a plugin that automatically detects where voice starts/ends so it can automatically input subtitles? It'd be cumbersome if a video was an hour long with nonstop talking...

Here's the vid:

Any help is appreciated!!!

PS: If you guys are wondering (since it's in Mandarin), I shot an interview for the guy in the video and the skin care expert from Taiwan who came to the LA to do a demonstration... :thumbup:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]