FORUMS: list search recent posts

log&transfer on an external hard drive: FCP asking for space on my home drive ??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marianne Souliez
log&transfer on an external hard drive: FCP asking for space on my home drive ??
on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:43:34 pm

Hello,

I have a 16Go SD card with a filled with 15Go of data from a Panasonic camera. The biggest shot is 5 1/2 hours long.
I want to log&transfer it all on an external hard drive.
There is 130Go of space on the external HD and 30Go of space on my home drive. You would think: no worries.
However, FCP keeps telling me that there is not enough space on my home drive to do the transfer.

To go around this, I have started to log&transfer the first half of that long shot. It worked. But now that I want to do the second half, the same message appears again and again, even if I split the second half in smaller parts.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: log&transfer on an external hard drive: FCP asking for space on my home drive ??
on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:58:49 pm

Did you change the project's Scratch Disk settings?

As a point of safety, you should also copy the ENTIRE CARD into its own folder first.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Marianne Souliez
Re: log&transfer on an external hard drive: FCP asking for space on my home drive ??
on Apr 16, 2012 at 6:04:09 pm

I did both.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 16, 2012 at 7:18:06 pm

FCP is only going to ingest to the HD you tell it to.
If you have enough space on Drive X and that is your capture scratch, then it all goes there.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]