FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Anomalies - Out of Synch Audio AND video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Thomas
Exporting Anomalies - Out of Synch Audio AND video
on Apr 15, 2012 at 12:46:51 pm

I have a 90 minute project that looks fine when I play back the project file on my editing system. When I export it, however, I have several anomalous glitches. The biggest is that a sequence’s audio becomes at least 4 seconds out of synch. This happens in only once sequence out of about 50.
The glitch also shows up in two shots in the exported file. In each case, only a fraction of the clip that was edited is there, and the clip doesn’t even have the same in and outs as my settings (again this does not show in my playback on my system).

I have exported using FCP to Compressor twice and directly from FCP (export to quicktime) twice. In all cases these anomalies show in the export.

I am really hoping someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Exporting Anomalies - Out of Synch Audio AND video
on Apr 15, 2012 at 4:09:05 pm

Sequence settings? Clip codecs? If you have H264 shots in your sequence or different frame rates then that sort of export nightmare can happen.

Return to posts index

Daniel Thomas
on Apr 16, 2012 at 2:51:21 am

No, no different frame rates or H264 clips

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 16, 2012 at 3:32:03 am

Any large stills? It might be a corrupt file or even corruption in the sequence. It might play OK in the timeline because it is playing a render file.

Are you exporting as quicktime conversion or quicktime movie? QT movie, self contained current settings is likely to be more stable that direct to Compressor or via QT conversion.

Another thought is to copy paste the entire sequence into a new timeline if it is a corrupt sequence.

Return to posts index

Daniel Thomas
on Apr 16, 2012 at 2:55:25 pm

Are you exporting as quicktime conversion or quicktime movie? QT movie, self contained current settings is likely to be more stable that direct to Compressor or via QT conversion.

As mentioned, I tried two exports, Compressor to m2v file as well as QT self contained - both had the same glitches

Another thought is to copy paste the entire sequence into a new timeline if it is a corrupt sequence.

I copy and pasted the contents of the sequence into a new sequence and it did the same thing

Any large stills? It might be a corrupt file or even corruption in the sequence. It might play OK in the timeline because it is playing a render file.

I am not sure this is the problem, but it would be great if the solution could be found by discovering that it is.
How do I copy the clips in the sequence and make sure to break any connection with any existing render files?

Return to posts index

Alan Langdon
on Nov 10, 2012 at 11:27:30 pm

Hello, did you solve the issue? What was the codec of the sequence?
I am having similar issues, and need to solve the issue ASAP... Any info on how you solved this is much appreciated!
thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]