FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple compressor Apple ProRes not found.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Donaldson
Apple compressor Apple ProRes not found.
on Apr 14, 2012 at 11:27:27 pm

So today I was moving around a lot of files on my computer to my external hard drive. I went to move "all movies" files to my external hardrive to free up space. I messed up everything. I open FCP to a codec error message "Codec not found. You may be using a compression type with the corresponding hardware card," that will not allow me to see a TIMELINE or edit. Another error message is that Apple ProRes compressor can't be found. I feel pretty sure I moved some files, and now FCP can't find them. Do you guys now how I can fix this issue. Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Apple compressor Apple ProRes not found.
on Apr 16, 2012 at 3:32:47 pm

Put all the files back where they were. Use the Media Manager to do this task for you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Apple compressor Apple ProRes not found.
on Apr 16, 2012 at 7:43:04 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Put all the files back where they were. Use the Media Manager to do this task for you."

Really?

I think this might help if what the OP moved were some Final Cut projects and media... but if he moved "ALL FILES"?

This sounds like an Apple system problem and Finder and Automator might be something he needs to investigate to restore his operating environment.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]