FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tektronix waveform monitor ethernet connection to computer with FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian McLaren
Tektronix waveform monitor ethernet connection to computer with FCP
on Apr 14, 2012 at 8:38:38 pm

I've done this before several years ago and now I can't remember how I did it. Checked the user manual and web searched and can't find anything.

It's a Tektronix WFM 700 waveform/monitor vectorscope, which has an ethernet port. I want to send the display to the computer screen so I can capture it for tutorials (teaching a digital video class). I have the waveform monitor connected to the computer and in the Tektronix menu, I can see its IP address (192.168.001.001). I've tried typing that IP address into a web browser (tried Safari and Firefox)... nothing.

Like I said, it worked several years back but I really can't remember exactly how I did it.

Other data:
Mac G5 (because that's the computer my PCI SDI ouput card fits in)

Outputing SDI on Blackmagic HD Extreme PCI card.

Final Cut Pro 6.0.5.

Any thoughts on how I can get the waveform display to appear on the computer monitor so I can capture it? Yes I know I could photograph it but that is not the level of quality I need.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Tektronix waveform monitor ethernet connection to computer with FCP
on Apr 14, 2012 at 9:40:14 pm

The IP should be 192.168.1.1 in the browser. Don't use the 001, just 1 . I suggest changing the IP if you can, to avoid this number as it is a base number setting in many network systems and may well clash. If you can change it on the machine set it to 192.168.1.222 which will shift it well out of the way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]