FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode Convert 23.98 to 25

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Katcher
Timecode Convert 23.98 to 25
on Apr 13, 2012 at 10:29:23 pm

I am converting some video from 23.98 to 25 for PAL. Problem is, I also need to convert all the transcriptions to the PAL time codes. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to redo them all?
Any help is much appreciated,
Brandon

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Timecode Convert 23.98 to 25
on Apr 13, 2012 at 10:35:15 pm

If you do a frame rate conversion to 25 in Compressor (not a speed up) it will still be real time.

However, I don't think Compressor will be able to pass the original source codes so you will manually have to set the timecodes on each new clip to match the original. Transcription timecodes will then be within one frame.

Return to posts index

Brandon Katcher
on Apr 13, 2012 at 11:02:06 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.
I haven't had good luck doing a framerate conversion. I've always been under the impression that a speed up is a better option. But any tips on settings to do it this way?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 13, 2012 at 11:06:31 pm

Speed up will look smoother but change real time and therefore all timecodes plus pitch of the audio.

Personally I haven't been satisfied with software frame rate conversions and prefer to sub contract that job to a facility with a Teranex or similar hi end hardware converter.

It is a topic that has been covered in more depth here so a search of this forum might help with specific settings in Compressor or alternate software.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 14, 2012 at 6:30:32 am

There are several apps for dealing with srt or caption files that will convert the frame rate of those files by basically counting frames and then converting that to time effectively simulating the speed up. What format are your transcriptions in?

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Brandon Katcher
on Apr 14, 2012 at 3:19:31 pm

Thank you for the reply. Currently, I'm using a program called inscribe for the transcriptions, but I can export to plain text, XML, HTML, Final Cut Pro markers, sub rip and spruce.
Thanks,
Brandon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]