FORUMS: list search recent posts

Effect "Failed to Render"?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neal Fox
Effect "Failed to Render"?
on Apr 13, 2012 at 6:49:00 pm

Out of the blue I'm getting a "Effect Failed to render: Your hardware can not render at the required size and depth.

Don't think I change anything and it's always worked. I'm just trying to put a bloom effect on a jpeg. The jpeg is not big at all. Get this error on everything so far.

The sequence settings are 1440X1080. QuickTime video settings: Compressor is Apple ProRes 422. Quality 100%.

ANy ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Effect "Failed to Render"?
on Apr 13, 2012 at 7:03:37 pm

The bloom may be an fxplug plugin and your GPU may not be grunty enough. I used to get this on my old G5 before upgrading a few years ago and it was the graphics card being under spec.

Return to posts index

Neal Fox
on Apr 13, 2012 at 7:45:28 pm

Yeah, but I've been doing this exact thing for a couple of years with this computer and it's never been a problem.
It's a 2.66 quad core intel Xeon with 16G memory. It's got and ATI Radeon HD 4870 and Nvidia GeForce GT 120 (if that helps.)

Never had trouble with the built in plugins. It would get slow with the added plugins but never just got a red screen with that error message.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 13, 2012 at 8:05:30 pm

Should be no problem with that ATI card. I am sure you have done the usual pref trash and restarting routine when Macs suddenly behave strangely.

Return to posts index

Neal Fox
on Apr 13, 2012 at 8:23:31 pm

Actually, I haven't tried that yet. Do you know which files to trash?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 13, 2012 at 8:39:22 pm

Trashing preference files and repairing permissions is easy. Go to Digital Rebellion and download their free version of Preference Manager. It lets you backup then trash and restore preferences for FCP and a whole lot of other programs in FCS.

This topic has been well covered here so searching this forum will give a lot of advice on system maintenance like permission repairs. Many here swear by running Disk Warrior from time to time as well.

Return to posts index

Neal Fox
on Apr 13, 2012 at 9:39:21 pm

Great. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Neal Fox
on Apr 15, 2012 at 6:30:19 pm

OK.

Trashed prefs. Still getting the error.

Anything else to try?

Return to posts index

Neal Fox
on Apr 15, 2012 at 7:02:22 pm

Another weird thing I just noticed. I used to have the RT set at unlimited. Now, if it's set to unlimited and I go to render a clip, instead of rendering it looks like it's about to then doesn't. The only way I can render a clip withing FC is to change RT to safe. Then it'll render.

Return to posts index

Neal Fox
on Apr 16, 2012 at 7:30:44 pm

Some more info.

I added a Natress plugin to a short clip. So I went to render it and got the diaglogue box:

"Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card."

I'm just trying to render it within Final Cut. Not make a movie out of it. Does this give any clue to what might be wrong?

Return to posts index

Neal Fox
on Apr 16, 2012 at 8:07:37 pm

Some more testing.

It appears that that particular clip was the problem. Saved it in a different codec and all is okay.

Still have the first problem, though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]