FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Still Have To Render!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Webster
I Still Have To Render!
on Apr 13, 2012 at 2:48:04 pm

I'm pretty sure no one has posted this... Sorry if they have.
I've been at this for ages, driving me slightly crazy.

I recorded three clips with my sony HD handycam. Each around twenty minutes. (Don't know what was going on with the camera - I really just wanted one long shot) And here the problem lies. If it'd been one hour-long continuous shot, ICould have converted it to .mp4,then just EXPORTED TO QUICKTIME with Streamclip and Bob's you're Uncle, no rendering.

I got them onto my Mac, and converted them from .MTS to .mp4, my only option with Handbrake.

I needed to convert them again to .mov (with Mpeg streamclip for FCPs benefit). Okay.

So I imported one clip into FCP. "Would you like to change the settings etc." YES, thankyou. No rendering required.
So I import the next clip into FCP. IT NEEDS RENDERED!
After checking the net, I finally discovered it was because the clip dimensions were not quite the same.
(Which is weird enough - same camera, same settings...)

So I went back a step, and this time cropped the second clip slightly, so now when I converted them with streamclip, the dimensions were exactly the same:

3978_picture1.png.zip

I imported one, fine, then the other, still needs rendered.
Please help,
Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: I Still Have To Render!
on Apr 13, 2012 at 9:06:12 pm

You need to learn a little more about what codecs are. .MOV is just a container...QUICKTIME container...that can be one of a few dozen codecs. Most of them are not editing codecs. What codec did you export as in MPEG STREAMCLIP? It defaults to Apple Motion JPEG A...which isn't something FCP works with. You need to convert to an editing codec. Look in the FCP Easy Setups to see your options. If this is 720x480...you use DV/NTSC. If this is high def, then use ProRes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave Webster
on Apr 14, 2012 at 10:53:55 am

Thanks for getting back - yep I do need to brush up...
I forgot to say what codec I used though...
I used apple pro res 422 for both clips -

It actually said it on the little picture I (think I) uploaded...

?

Return to posts index

Dave Webster
on Apr 14, 2012 at 9:20:14 pm

Got it now.
The frame rate wasn't the same - 0.03 fps difference.

Cheers for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]