FORUMS: list search recent posts

Print To Video (HDV) problem - FCP AV settings available

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daan van Wijk
Print To Video (HDV) problem - FCP AV settings available
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:34:24 pm

All, new here and I would like to apologize upfront for possibly asking a simple question. I have browsed thru the other threads, have followed some of the reco's but nothing helped to solve my problem which is that I can't get the ‘Print to Video’ function working and record back to an HDV tape. What is most awkward is that it DID work 2 weeks ago but then suddenly without an explanationit doesn’t work anymore and I can’t remember having changed any of the settings. Below FCP 6.0.6 setup, camera and FCP AV settings.

Set up: Sony HDV HC9 camcorder connected through a FW cable to my Imac - this cable works as I have done this before. Have tried various combinations of starting the camcorder first, then open FPC, disconnect cable, vice versa but all I see is a bluescreen. Here are the settings:

Camera: is on HDV-in mode, tape is on ‘rec’, camera does receive the signal as I can control it from FPC however when recording I just see the standard blue screen.
FPC Sequence settings: pixel aspect ratio 1440x1080 16x9 and compressor HDV 1080i50 and Render Codec is ‘same as sequence’
AV settings: Sequence preset HDV 1050i, Capture preset HDV, Device Control Preset (Sony HDV 108050i), video play back ‘ Digital Cinema Desktop preview’,audio playback default

Then in View, External video, All Frames is on and then I go to print video and it sometimes starts ‘writing video..’ and sometimes conforming video. Not sure why but both don’t work and nothing is recorded on the camcorder although I see the time code running.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

Dan

Return to posts index

Daan van Wijk
Re: Print To Video (HDV) problem - FCP AV settings available
on Apr 14, 2012 at 1:23:38 pm

Hi all, had posted this thread but I am not sure if this is the right forum for this type of questions. Can someone please tell me if this need to be posted somewhere else? thanks

Return to posts index

Darin Foulkes
Re: Print To Video (HDV) problem - FCP AV settings available
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:28:49 pm

I'm having the same troubles today. No problem to capture, but can't print to video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]