FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log & Transfer SxS card media Troubles

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Davies
Log & Transfer SxS card media Troubles
on Apr 11, 2012 at 6:29:26 pm

I am trying to open some XDCAM SxS card media in FCP (7.03) log and transfer so that I can ingest it. I no longer have the actual cards but I have copied the data exactly as it was onto my hard drive. When I drag the BPAV folder or try to open it in my log and transfer window I get this message that says...

"BPAV" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media"

I even went to Sony's website and updated the drivers. I am running on Lion. Anyone know what is going on here?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Log & Transfer SxS card media Troubles
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:34:44 pm

[Bob Davies] "BPAV" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media""

It's telling you that you need the Complete file structure from the SxS card.

When dealing with tapeless media, programs like ShotPutPro guarantee you will have the complete file structure. Drag and Drop is not completely 100% safe.

If you have it, go to the Root Level that contains your BPAV folder and select that in L & T.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:31:56 pm

I know that there used to be an XDCAM log and transfer plugin out there...you needed to install that before FCP would recognize the file structure. I think it worked with FCP 6, but they stopped making it. Now you need to use Sony's free XDCAM TRANSFER UTILITY...outside of FCP...to convert the footage to Quicktime. It will convert it to XDCAM Quicktime...not ProREs. If you want it to be ProRes, you need to do the extra step of using Compressor, or media managing within FCP.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:38:54 pm

Shane is correct.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group