FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu Ray Error: Check your boot Drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
Blu Ray Error: Check your boot Drive
on Apr 11, 2012 at 6:29:51 pm

So my FCP blu-ray authoring setup was working fine till about 2 months ago. But now when I try to burn disks through FCP or Compressor, I get this weird message

"Out of memory, check your boot drive"

The hard disk however has lots of space on it. Far from full.

Its the same old setup. Same system configuration, Same Project, same blu-ray disks but the end result is just not the same :(

I know many people have encountered this before and there are some posts on this forum but none seems to point towards any kind of solution.

What could i possibly be doing wrong?

Sohrab

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi & Adobe PPro

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Joseph Hung
Re: Blu Ray Error: Check your boot Drive
on Apr 12, 2012 at 7:06:11 pm

I don't understand, how are you burning BD disks through FCP? Do you mean transcoding your m2v program streams in compressor to drop into an authoring app like Encore or Toast?

I tend to avoid the FCP to Compressor route it's buggy and unreliable. I output full res current setting quicktime file with compression markers from FCP. Then I drop that into Compressor and do the transcode.

http://www.tulpapictures.com
Twitter: @tulpapictures
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tulpapictures

Mac 2.66 GHz Quad Intel Xeon
OSX 10.6.8
FCS2
CS5
8GB RAM
ProAvio 8TB RAID 5 Dual Mini-SAS
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
ATI Radeon X1900
RocketRAID 4322 via dual MiniSAS
Panasonic Lumix GH2, Canon 5DMKII, 7D, Panasonic HVX200A, Panasonic DVX100A

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:28:09 pm

I use the share function in FCP.

And before this problem occurred the setup was working fine and burnt discs that would play just fine in any blu-ray player.

Sohrab

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Joseph Hung
on Apr 12, 2012 at 10:38:37 pm

Ah yes I see I forgot about that feature.
Sounds like you are experiencing other systematic issues that may not be completely related to BD authoring. Have you tried dumping your prefs, dumping your render files and rerendering, new project, reintalling FCS, etc.? the usual first steps? Are you using very large stills? Is it only one specific project or all of your projects since 2 months ago? Some more info would be helpful.

OSX 10.6.8
FCS2
CS5
8GB RAM
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
ATI Radeon X1900

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:05:56 pm

I trashed preferences, reinstalled FCP. Its a self contained QT movie file so no render files involved. Its not happening with just one file. I just can't burn any blu-ray disc from any project at this time.

Interesting thing is that even Adobe Encore is a no-go. It gives some wierd storage error. Which i think is somehow related to FCP error.

But what is the issue, i have no idea.

Sohrab

Return to posts index

Joseph Hung
on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:14:48 pm

If Encore is having the same issues then this is definitely your system. What are your systems specs? And the BD burner specs too? Have you checked the health of your boot drive and RAM? Sometimes when my HDD or RAM is slowly dying and I don't know it, I get similar issues. Run a test with Disk Utility or Tech Tools.

OSX 10.6.8
FCS2
CS5
8GB RAM
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
ATI Radeon X1900

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2012 at 12:36:35 am

Its an 8 core Mac pro with 12gb ram and 1TB hard drive. Blu-ray burner is an external one by Lacie.

I tried running disk utitlity to check the drives. They seem to be in perfect condition.

However, I agree with you that this whole thing is pointing towards some kind of system issue.

Sohrab

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]